Communication breakdown due to improper grammar usage

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

MULTI MEDIA ENTRY 3





   In this video, there are some tips for you to reduce your exam stress.I found it useful, because at least one year in our life we experienced exam stress.I wish I had encountered this video last year while I was not able to cope with my stress.Anyway, I am informed now and I can tell it other people having exam stress.


   Here are some advices mentioned in the video :


  -Slow down and become intentional about your physical
  movements, this can increase your sense of self-mastery and
  control

- Use relaxation and visualization methods (ie. controlled
  breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, visualizing peak
  performance)

- Stretch, stand up or walk around to relax tight muscles
Calming Distractions  - Focus on an inanimate, calming object (ie. Wall, floor, pen)

- Perform a calming action (ie. Rubbing a stone)

- Use a mantra (ie. Silently, slowly repeat a calming word/phrase

- Use affirmative self-talk (ie. Relax, concentrate, it’s okay)

- Create a mild, harmless pain that can override over other

  thoughts and impulses (ie. Pressing fingernails into palm)

- Have a drink of water or a snack

- Wear, touch or look at something with positive associations;
  this can trigger a calming response (ie. Photo, special stone)

Learn  from the experience 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Güllü,

    I think you hit an high spot, which many students are trying to deal with. It was nice to read your journal entry about exam stress. I would like to say that I enjoyed reading your journal entry because you have a great point of view, good style of writing, and beneficial solutions. To begin with, your title is not exactly conneted with the topic but I got the idea from the first paragraph. The content of your journal focuses on a significant issue. Therefore, it drew my attention and I decided to write on this journal of yours. You have developed your opinions effectively by giving supporting sentences. Also, the passage is very informative about the topic. The video you reflected on is worth watching and it is wise to use such a material. When it comes to your organization, I think your journal is very well-structured. You have used connectors properly. In general, you have put the solutions in order. Your using of grammar is perfect in a word. Now we also have some solutions for this problem thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete