Communication breakdown due to improper grammar usage

Thursday, June 13, 2013

BEING A PROSPECTIVE TEACHER

      I have wanted to become a teacher for many years. The reason why  I want to be a teacher has many aims. Because I want to grow good generation up and bring up youth people (also youth brains), and I like teaching. When I become a teacher my desire is to be a very good teacher. You must teach very well, be sophisticated, hard-working, self-sacrificing, respectful and dignity, funny, friendly, disciplined, confident and so on… When I was in high school, I was generally watching my teachers carefully. I thougt I was going to be like this, sometimes I would’t be like this when I became a teacher.
    
                                 
    Some students want a lot of things from their teachers especially in Anatolian high schools. So the teacher have to have different and lots of things. You must tell your lesson  very well and must know how to teach, you must know almost everything not only in your own field but also in other fields. For example; if you are an English teacher, you must know almost everything about English (of course you can’t know everything in your life but after graduated, you can develop yourself as well). In addition to this knowledge it will be beneficial for you to know about philosophy, religion (not only in your own belief), politic, general culture, other than Turkish culture… And the teachers are members of learning communities, they learn by living. They can provide feedback to students, demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness.  
To sum up, being a good teacher is not easy, you need exceed your limits sometimes.
                      v
   Let’s look at being a teacher from other perspective: Becoming a teacher is not so easy as many people think. Some people underestimate the teachers, (or I mean) being a teacher. Especially, in our country, studying education and being a teacher are not so good for some people, unfortunately… We know some difficulties of being a teacher or studying it. Despite these ideas, there are many people including me who like being a teacher. They are teachers growing up and shaping the young people and brains.                        

               

                                                                         KEVSER KARAGÜL 
                                   DEPARTMENT of  FOREIGN LANGUAGE EDUCATION

No comments:

Post a Comment