Communication breakdown due to improper grammar usage

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Comment On "I Brain ODTU" #4


                                      COMMENT ON THE SLOGAN “I BRAIN ODTÜ”
I brain Odtu, I think, is a very successful advertisement strategy for making the university’s name. Being one of the best universities all over the world, METU (ODTU) has chosen a good presentation model. Brain is the center of everything in human life. In METU, brain is also used very much. They may try to say that we are thinking and moving logically, we are educating our students as hardworking, successful individuals, we are, indeed, shaping their brains. It has already affected people within or without METU. There are people wearing t-shirts, sweat shirts in METU. I actually find this slogan very successful. If I were a designer, I would make METU look like a real attractive living space for students. I would use more visual advertisement method. For example, I may use a mountain on which there are lots of trees. All trees except for one red tree are located on foothill, which symbolizes other universities. The red one is located on top of the mountain, and it symbolizes METU as leading university. So, I would put a sentence curved above mountain as “Shed from Clichés”.  It seems a little bit utopic, but it’s my design anyway. Maybe, the opportunities of METU can be written on the leafs of the tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment